Provide sourcing and tactical support to Contract Manufacturing Sr Category Manager. First line of defense with Suppliers, Key internal Stakeholders, Assistance with Request for Quotes, Bid Analysis, Volume Tracking for Rebates, and Contractual Obligations.
To include but not limited to:
* Tactical supply assurance issues and tracking of costs, cost savings, contract management and other important metrics.
* Provide procurement first line of defense on supply chain challenges
* Secure knowledge transfer and exchange by creating and storing project deliverables and relevant tools and templates in knowledge repositories
* Payment Terms recording and payment performance improvement tracking
* Value Tracker implementation - the recording of current and 1-3 years-out of future value creation opportunities
* Pricing analytical analysis of pricing models and price changes from Suppliers to report annual price hurt or help versus previous pricing
* Analysis and optimization of Commercial and Supply Chain Models: Work with raw material category managers to see where cost savings are feasible to utilize Stepan pricing at Contract Manufacturers or consideration of alternative Contract Manufacturing Models like Full Service where the CMs manage and owns the raw materials utilizing Stepan masked-pricing (Model Options: Traditional, Full Service, Turn Key)
* This role will work closely with supply chain team to improve the supply chain network of the toller and bring cost efficiency wherever possible.
* Support Supplier Relationship management activities - coordination of meetings agendas, schedule out quarterly reviews, etc.
* Provide administrative support against the Supplier Qualification Report Process
* Provide support against the procurement role in the PCOM Process
Full Sourcing ownership of limited contract manufacturing spend.
* Strategy Development of specialized contract manufacturing technology or supply chains
* Build consensus and drive alignment amongst key stakeholders in support of procurement initiatives and programs (sourcing, implementation, compliance)
* Provide key stakeholders with SME leadership and guidance
* Lead sourcing events, supplier negotiation strategy and process and manage stakeholder engagement and alignment throughout the end-to-end sourcing process
* Drive project execution (including project prioritization, securing resources, governance and controls)
* Execute and monitor action plans and report progress against strategies to address issues/improve performance
* Work closely with cross function teams- Quality, business and supply chain for setting up the toller in the system and ensure the proper execution of the toller's contract.
* Qualifications Required: Bachelor Degree of Science (Finance, Operations/Business Management, Engineering)
* Qualifications Required: 2 Years Procurement Experience
* Attention to detail.
* Numerical literacy - ability to work with price and quantity calculations for US and Non-US based currencies. Must be able to work with metric and traditional systems.
* Ability to identify efficiency / productivity improvements.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with using communications technologies (e.g., web-conferencing, electronic sharing, etc.).
* Demonstrated ability to drive performance improvements from action plans derived from robust data analysis
* Demonstrated understanding of supply chain financials and supply chain dynamics
* Minimum Level: Proficient Verbal & Written Communication skills, Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Problem Solving, Analytical, and Budget Management skills
* Preferred Level: Advanced understanding of Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc), and PowerPoint
* Training Provided: 1 week Procurement Skills Training, Policy trainings throughout year, In depth System training
% of Travel (0-100%): 5-15%
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain