Job Title: Tool Design Engineering Manager
Reports to: Engineering and Business Development Manager
Shift: First shift; full-time
VIZIENT MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS, INC.
Vizient Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. is a robotic integrator specializing in custom engineered tooling and automated arc welding systems for general and heavy fabrication applications. All of the products are engineered and manufactured in-house for complete control over product quality and project timelines. Our diverse customer group provide interesting and challenging work for our employees and ensures profitable growth for our company.
Vizient is a division of Lincoln Electric Automation in the General Industries group.
Position Summary: The Tool Design Engineering Manager leads and coordinates the design of custom fixtures that are used in welding, machining and assembly operations.The Tool Design Engineering Manager willdevelopprocesses and strategies to assist engineers with concept and technical decisions while also acting as a mentor to develop and enhance skill sets.
- Supervise engineers and engineering leads as required regarding active project deliverables, schedules and costs;
- Review and address active project performance reports and provide direction to engineering staff;
- Authorize final designs and other associated approvals;
- Supervise, maintain and develop engineering standards and product catalog;
- Promote continuous improvement and training with a focus on quality, accuracy and efficiency;
- Supervise the scheduling of engineering manpower needs;
- Complete bi-annual employee performance evaluations for direct reports;
- Assist with the enforcement of company policies and procedures; and
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- 5-7 years mechanical design experience preferred;
- Effective technical communication (in-person and email);
- Managerial and / or supervision experience;
- Project management experience;
- 3-D CAD design experience (Vizient uses PTC ProEngineer / Creo & Windchill PDM);
- Design experience in special machines, tooling, weld cells, robotic equipment and other machine solutions;
- Experience in hydraulic and pneumatic control;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office, CAD software, PDM software and project management software;
- FMEA, equipment capability, safety (OSHA, SDS); and
- Educational, training and experience requirements may be modified at the management teams discretion.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is typically required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; bend; squat; stoop; climb; talk and hear.Repetition with activity; computer work.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S):
- Understand the Companys EH&S Policy and how it relates to this job;
- Be aware of OSHA & EPA laws and regulations as well as Vizients rules and policies that pertain to this job;
- Work in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and observe all company EH&S procedures;
- Immediately notify the Engineering Manager and/or take action if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly or if there are any questions regarding EH&S procedures; and
- Attend required EH&S training.
Vizient Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. and Lincoln Electric are Equal Opportunity Employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Associated topics: analog, architecture, asic, board, chip, engineer ii, layout, pcb, schema, semiconductor