Job ID: 68032
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Linthicum, MD US
Hours of Work: M-F, 8a-4P
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) has achieved Magnet status in recognition of the hospital nursing excellence. UMMC is a teaching hospital with 757 beds based in Baltimore, Maryland, that provides the full range of health care. It has more than 35,000 inpatient admissions and 165,000 outpatient visits each year. The R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center (also known as Shock Trauma) is the world's first center dedicated to saving lives of people with severe, life-threatening injuries sustained in motor vehicle collisions, violent crimes and other traumatic incidents. Our vision is to provide high value and compassionate care, improving health in Maryland and beyond, educating future health care leaders and discovering innovative ways to advance medicine worldwide.
Be Part of Something Greater!
Under limited supervision plan, design, coordinate and support various construction and building renovation projects for the University of Maryland Medical System. Oversee related facility programs that maintain a safe and quality environment.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
* Design Coordination and Management: Facilitate and guide the project design process through customer and client coordination by arranging and staffing appropriate meetings, preparing meeting agendas, documenting and distributing meeting minutes. Review all Design documentation as prepared by the design consultant to ensure compliance with UMMS Design Guidelines, Facilities, Interior Design and Operational requirements. Manage and coordinate all Design submittals with the Architectural and Engineering Review Team.
* Capital Project Scope Development, Estimates, Budgets and Tracking: Support and develop scope of work for capital projects. Support and develop cost estimates, budgets, Purchase Orders and tracking as needed to ensure all capital projects meet approved funding levels.
* Construction Management, Process Control and Management: Activities include Submittal review and tracking, Requests For Information review, response and tracking, Pay Requisition review, processing and tracking, Change Order review, verification, tracking and management, Contract Shop Drawing control and management, Project Schedule review, updating and development, Project Correspondence tracking and management, updating Project Status Reports, Warranty Manual review, coordination and distribution, Project Close-Out and turnover to Operations, Cashflow projections and updates, Monitoring of Safety, Infection Control and Dust Control procedures. Manage all aspects of Capital Construction projects or other facilities related projects valued up to $500,000.00
* Assist Manager with determining staffing requirements and mentors the work of other staff to ensure effective and efficient departmental functions:
* Assist with hiring orienting, training of other staff members
* Manage facility program related to customer management: open spaces, purchasing, etc.
* Maintain industry knowledge related to OSHA, ICRA (Infection Control related), and ISLM (Ingress/Egress Safety).
What You Need to Be Successful:
* Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or a related field, or five years equivalent experience in construction is required.
* Experience managing construction personnel preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain