Kafka Middleware Engineer Lead
Wells Fargo in Minneapolis, MN
- Industry: Information Technology - System Engineer And Technician
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $111,340.00 - 161,380.00 / Year*
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as Personal Cell or Cellular in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo s more than 70 million global customers.
The Middleware Integration Engineering team is responsible for engineering integration capabilities for enterprise self-service consumption and utilization. This includes products such as Kafka, IBM MQ, Nginx, Apache HTTP, and Apache Tomcat.
As a Lead Engineer with Middleware Engineering team you will be instrumental in providing subject matter expertise in the deployment of Confluent Enterprise Kafka within organization for enterprise consumption. Leads, conducts, and coordinates the analysis, planning, and implementation of Confluent Platform . Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, modifies, and documents the Confluent Platform. Plans and defines systems software and/or hardware requirements and determines system specifications and/or customizations. Directs the design of subsystems and integration of total systems. Identifies and resolves the most complex problems. Provides leadership, direction and/or guidance to less experienced staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the physical deployment of infrastructure across multiple environments
- Supervise and guide optimization and tuning
- Standards and patterns development
- User guide development and training overviews for supporting teams
- Provide troubleshooting and best practices methodology for development teams
- Process automation and new application on-boarding
- Design monitoring solutions and baseline statistics reporting to support the implementation
- Level 3 support for development teams that are utilizing the platform
- Planning and execution of infrastructure projects as well as on-boarding of new application development projects
- 10+ years of operating systems analysis experience, operating systems engineering experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of Kafka Platform experience, Confluent Platform experience, or a combination of both
- 6+ years of experience working with middleware vendor messaging technologies
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 8+ years of financial industry experience
- Git or GitHub experience
- Experience developing, supporting or integrating messaging technology such as Solace, Tibco or MQ
- 1 + years of experience with server administration and job creation using Jenkins Continuous Integration server
- Python experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with Data Integrations
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $105,000 Mid: $150,000
NC-Raleigh: Min: $105,000 Mid: $150,000
AZ-Chandler: Min: $105,000 Mid: $150,000
NC-Raleigh: Min: $105,000 Mid: $150,000
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Raleigh: 1100 Corporate Center Dr - Raleigh, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Raleigh: 150 Fayetteville St - Raleigh, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system technician
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!