Senior Software Engineer, Core Infrastructure
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
The core infrastructure team is responsible for designing the tools, platforms, and best practices leveraged by the entire engineering organization. As a member of the team, you will have an opportunity to shape Wish s infrastructure from the ground up as we move from an outdated monolithic architecture to a modern service oriented architecture. You will be joining a small team of smart, driven, and collaborative engineers as we work to create a reliable, scalable, and performant infrastructure. If you are someone who takes ownership and can achieve high-level goals without clearly defined solutions, then we have a place for you here.
Core infrastructure at Wish prioritizes OSS usage and development, see some of what we ve published here:
We occasionally blog about our open source, see a recent post here:
For internal use only:
What you ll be doing
- Designing and implementing the services and tools we need to manage and scale a service oriented architecture, e.g. service discovery, global rate limiting, distributed tracing, container orchestration, and more.
- Operating and maintaining the database infrastructure for one of the largest deployments of MongoDB in the world.
- Performance engineering of critical bottlenecks throughout the stack
- Systematically debugging issues across the stack down to the root cause.
- Evangelizing best practices to the wider engineering organization.
- Participate in core infra s on-call rotation to ensure that Wish s infrastructure is highly available for our customers and internal devs.
Who you are
- At least 5+ years of experience.
- Deep expertise with distributed systems and linux system internals.
- Mastery of one or more programming languages, Python or Go preferred.
- Experience with large-scale multi datacenter environments.
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with AWS, MongoDB, Salt, and Docker/Kubernetes is a plus.
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com orwish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, http, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, ip, maintain, maintenance, system architect, system integrator
Loading some great jobs for you...