Senior Software Certification Systems Engineer
Wisk Aero in Mountain View, CA
- Industry: Information Technology - System Engineer And Technician
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $127,230.00 - 186,920.00 / Year*
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are seeking an experienced Software Certification Systems Engineer to join our software and autonomy group, which develops the onboard computing software and autonomous control to fly Cora. You will work alongside a small group of passionate engineers to define innovative software architectures, design paradigms, requirements, and processes used to develop flight critical software for our autonomous air taxis. You will be solving problems that have never been solved before.
- Author and maintain software plans, standards, and supporting documentation per RTCA DO-178C
- Leverage cutting edge tools and development paradigms to identify and incorporate process improvements
- Work across interdisciplinary teams to instantiate a certified process including tools, procedures, best practices
- Responsible for requirement specifications for avionics, controls, and energy systems and constituent software including decomposition, authoring, and review
- Perform verification and validation of plans, standards, and requirements
- B.S. in Engineering with at least eight years of experience in systems engineering, software, and certification to ARP 4754A and RTCA DO-178B/C
- Experience with an aviation/aerospace development program from conceptual design through certification
- Demonstrated experience of creating and implementing a novel process across interdisciplinary teams
- Hands-on experience with requirements generation and tracing tools
- Familiarity with software verification tools
- Experience with software Model Based Design
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!